In a continuos effort to improving stability and security as well as offer additional features, Apple released an update to OS X 10.8 today (10.8.5).
The update includes the following:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
- Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
- Improves Xsan reliability
- Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet
- Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server
- Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences
- Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0
I strongly recommend that all Mac users take a few minutes to apply the update.
The update can be downloaded and installed via the Mac App Store (by clicking on the "Updates" tab) or by clicking "Software Update..." from the Apple menu. More information can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5815